Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Take a Peak Through the Window


  Good morning folks. Everyone have a good long weekend? For us here, it was the last weekend before school starts on friday. Yes, our classes start Friday. Strange eh? Anyways, today for Card Creating Tuesday with My Cricut Craft Room had the theme of a window. I jumped at the chance to do this, and then when it came time to make my card, well, I blanked. I made 3 different cards. ( I didn't finish, but I will post it once I finish)

  Here is one I made

 I used the Simply Charmed cart and used the gypsy to weld the back part of the crayon box to the front. I cut out (with a craft knife) where it said crayons and used that as my window. I wasn't completely thrilled with this card, so I tried again.

  This is the card that I chose to showcase today:
 I used a card feature on the Art Philosophy cart. It didn't have a window on it so I picked a shape I wanted and added it to the mat on my gypsy before cutting the card. The butterfly is from Cricut Basics.
 After some tweaking on sizes I cut the card shape at 6.8 and the butterfly is 3. Its an odd card size, but I still wanted some room on the card to embellish.

The butter fly on the inside I embossed with the swirls folder and added foam squares to the back to pop it. I stamped a sentiment on the inside as well.

  The outside sentiment says "Forever Friends" that I cut at 1 from the phrases cart.

 I should have the 3rd card ready for you all tomorrow, but if your looking for some more cool Window cards head on over to My Cricut Craft Room to see what the rest of the fabulous ladies have come up with.



5 comments:

  1. OMG!!, your butterfly card is wonderful. I totaly love it. I think adding texture to the butterfly works really well. :)

    Tammy S. MCCR DT

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your card, with the butterfly, especially how you have the sentiment on the opposite page,
    cathyplus5.blogspot.com
    MCCR DT^ sis

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stunning card! You did an awesome job and, for the record, your crayon card is too cute for words!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your beautiful butterfly card, Angie! Love the embossing and the ribbon! Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Both of your cards are so awesome!! The crayon card is so cute and the butterfly card is gorgeous!! I love the embossed butterfly through the window :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete