Thursday, September 27, 2012

Theme Day Thursday- Halloween Decorations


 Good day everyone. Happy Theme day Thursday. Today the ladies of My Cricut Craft Room had the pleasure of making something used for a Halloween Party. But don't forget the catch....in support of Breast Cancer Awareness month next month, we have gone pink. All of out projects have to have pink somewhere on it.

  I don't have a Halloween party, but I do have 2 girls in school that have a Halloween dance. So I sat down and got to work. Here is my project:
I cut this frame as large as I could at 11. Because it is not square I could not go the full 12. I found this frame on Happy Hauntings. It has 4 cuts to it, the black web, the orange background, the black backing and the stand part.




For the life of me, I could not figure out how the stand part was attached to the frame, there are little slots on the backing, but it just didn't make sense, so I did the only thing I could figure out, I got out my trusty ATG gun:) I also should note, I wasn't exactly sure what I was going to do with my frame when I started to I cut the stand twice and glued them together to give it some extra strength.

I love using purple for halloween, so I made sure to shadow the saying in it. This saying was from Happy Hauntings as well and it is cut at 3'. I pop dotted it up to give it some dimension. I will be making a twin to this one, only I will use it the display the entrance fee of the dance. One will go on either end of the entrance table:)



And the pink? well, its right here:


I added a little pink spider to the back. He was from Artiste and was cut at 2'. He's a darker pink then he's showing up too, he looks white here, but he's really not.

With Halloween just around the corner, are you thinking of having a party? well head on over to My Cricut Craft Room and see what other ghoulishly fun Halloween decorations they came up with






8 comments:

  1. Great frame Angie! I love everything about it and yes, I love to use purple for Halloween as well! Great use of the pink also. TFS, Mary M
    http://Mary-fortheloveofart.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love ur frame super cute. And the little spider is very sweet! TFS

    MCCR DT, Lisa Ch

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the frame!! Hallowen is such a fun time of year!
    cathyplus5.blogspot.com
    MCCR dt

    ReplyDelete
  4. Angie the frame is awesome!!
    MCCR DT Shelley

    ReplyDelete
  5. Angie, I think your Halloween frame is just so cute! I am so sorry that you are leaving the team! I do hope you'll keep in touch!
    Teresa
    MCCR DT

    ReplyDelete
  6. I recently created my own easel stand, so I give you a standing "O" for the awesomeness of your standing card!! :) Very nice.
    Warmly,
    Jen
    http://ericasprojects.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. HI! thanks for visiting my blog :) Nice to meet you!

    ReplyDelete