This summer has been good! I had my daycare kids all summer, so most of the time we were wtuck at home, but the end of July we made the 26 hour drive to visit my sister in law in Ottawa. We drove through the US there and back and had a really good time. Going there we did it in 2 days, arriving early evening the 2 day. We did have a chance to stop off at a DINER'S, DRIVE-INN's, and DIVE'S restaurant in Cloquet, MN
Their claim to fame was onion rings, but lets just say they were less then steller:( I don't remember the town we stayed in that night, but this is the view from our hotel room...we had sliding doors right onto the lake!!
We had a wonderful visit in Ottawa!! I thought I would have a huge anxiety problem out there with 2 extra kids (my niece and nephew) but it was really good! My kids got to try new things, and they all had a BLAST!!
Quading
Fishing
Downtown Ottawa (dying in the heat)
I just threw this one in because I think he looks great in this picture:) He hates it heehee.
My kids went on a boat for the first time, they fished for the first time, tubed for the first time! And for my son, thats HUGE. He is like me, and trying things outside of the box gives him huge anxiety issues but he loved it all!!
On the way home we went through the US again. There was a few things I wanted to do while there, but the 11/2 wait at the border slowed us down. Then the kids saw a Cracker Barrel and wanted lunch. One of our family faves when in the US. So lunch took 2 hours. I had wanted to see if I could squeeze in a meet and greet with 3 of my DT sister that are in the Cleveland area, but because of the delays, and Canadian technology costing an arm and a leg in the States I was unable to meet Jessica from Jessica's Craft Shaque, Heather from Random Recipes, Paper Crafts and Photos By HL, and last but not least, our fearless leader Erica from My Cricut Craft Room.
But we did stop at Niagara Falls in Buffaol NY. Totally in awe of that place!
There's more to our summer fun, but I'm going to keep you waiting til tomorrow:) Come back and see! Hmmm, after this post, make sure you go to the bathroom first, and maybe grab a drink and a snack!!
I am so glad you all had a good trip! It's awesome the kids got to try out a bunch of new things! Love all of the photos. Would have been great to meet you but it's hard to plan when traveling that far! Hopefully someday we can all meet! Love the family pic..it's great! Thanks for the mention!
ReplyDeleteHugs,
HL