Happy Hump Day! Wonder why it's ^^ Pink? We Erica has asked us to go pink for Octobers Breast Cancer awareness. All of our projects will have pink on them somewhere, and our heading will be Pink too.
So, as a recap, What is Would You Ever Guess Wednesday? It is when you use a cartridge is a way you wouldn't normally. Like not using the main cuts on the cart...usually whats on the plastic overlay. Why the little recap? Well, this week Erica threw in a challange, we were to use as many cuts or cartridges as possible. I was so excited, I jumped at the chance to have this day. So, as usual, life got in the way of crafting, and I got behind. I started my project last wednesday. That gave me 2 days to finish before my due date and I didn't have a clue on what to do. Well, finally I figured it out and got to work.
I finished it with about 7 hours to spare, when someone says "Are we
still supposed to follow the WYEGW rule of no main cut?" D'oh!! What? I
had made my whole layout and I couldn't remember my cuts. I use my gypsy
everytime, and its just second nature, I don't even think. Well Here's
my layout, and I'll tell you after if I followed the rules:
So, I have 4 trees,1 boat with 1 layer, 1 birdie with 1 layer 2 waves welded together, and Summer, cut twice because there was no shadow feature ( I did copy Erica's time about off centering if something doesn't have a shadow feature) tree, and the boat are pop dotted, but these pics, you can't tell
And here is my bit of pink, a heart with the year:)
So did I follow the rules? Nope, not really. The only NON feature cuts are:
Trees- cut @4 Every day Paper Dolls
"Summer" cut @ 2 Phrases
The boat cut @ 3 and the waves welded together cut at 2 are from Life's a Beach
and the Birdie cut at 4 from Straight From the Nest are MAIN feature cuts:(
Ah well, no prize for me. Next time I better think more. To check out who made the same mistake as me, and who didn't (but did an amazing job regardless) head on over to My Cricut Craft Room
Boat Paper-Echo Park
Blue background-CTMH
Great LO!
ReplyDeleteMiranda :)
MCCR DT Sister
www.nanasscrapspot.com
You have a great Layout non the less, I forgot about the WYEGW rules to when I went to using a lot of cartridges:)
ReplyDeletecathyplus5.blogspot.com
MCCR DT
Such a fun layout.
ReplyDeleteMCCR DT sis
Great LO Angie! Love how it came out.
ReplyDeleteThat's ok we all space rules sometimes.
TFS!
Claire
My Cricut Craft Room DTM
What a great LO! And that is a great deal of cuts to put onto a page and still have it look nice! Love it!
ReplyDelete