Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Creative Scrappers #197

 Its Leap Day!! Really that means nothing to me, no one has a birthday that I know of, but I still find it so neat they can just add a day to the calender every 4 years. There's a little girl in my daughters class who's birthday is today. So neat. And with the end of Febuary, comes March. Duh. March is a some what busy month this year. My sister's birthday is the 8th, her daughter, my niece is the 12. I have the Create and Crop on the 23rd and 24th, plus another crop through my cousin in law the following saturday...plus, the kids Spring Break starts on the 23rd. And then, since my daughters birthday is April 4 I have to start getting ready for that. Whew!! March, April, May, June July, and August, The whole summer really, is a slew of busyness for me.

 Anyways, I've been in and out of my craftroom for the last couple of days. I start things, then get frustrated or tired and leave them for another day. I hate doing that. Once I start a project, I like to follow through and just get it done. Last night I started one, but because of some sleep issues I'm having, I had to finish it up this afternoon. Then I was somewhat on a roll, and decided to give a sketch challange a try. I do follow sketches sometimes, but thought, I'll join the challange. So, I gave sketch #197 fromCreative Scrappers a try. A fellow blogger, and friend from the outside world does sketches for them (you can check out Nicole here)

 So here is the sketch:


And here is my take:



hmmm, not a great picture, I thought it turned out better then that. Dang it!! I just tried to redo the pic, but its too dark out now. Oh well, will have to do.

supplies I used:

Cardstock- CTMH
                   Bazzill
Pattern Paper- part of my stash, and I lost the sticker :(
Ribbon- my stash, probably from Michaels
Flowers- smaller ones are from Creative Charms
               big one in the middle, my stash
Bling- Creative Charms
CTMH cartridge

So, there you have folks...off to nurse my migraine.

2 comments:

  1. It does sound like a busy month for you! I hope it goes smooth and stress free for you Angie.

    I like your layout. All the various colors blended together so nice! And the picture is adorable, it gives the whole page a fun look!

    Susan
    cricutandgrasshopper.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Angie, I think it is a darling picture. I love the layout. You did a fantastic job on it. Great take on the sketch, too. thanks for stopping by and voting for Chardon! It means a lot to me, but will mean a lot more to them! Spread the word for more entries, too!!!!
    :O)
    Jessica
    p.s.
    My BFF Teresa was flattered that you are thinking about making the island cake :O)

    ReplyDelete