Morning peeps, today is my day to share over at 3 Girl Jam3 Girl Jam Post. I don't have a layout to show you today, I have something special I made for my daughter. I have 2 more to make for the other kids:) We're going on a road trip at the end of July. It will take us about 2 days to get to Ottawa Ontario to visit my sister in law, so I made a travel journal for my kids. Something they can keep track of where we stop, what we see. Here is the before:
Yup, I made it out of a Bert and Ernie book!! I needed something with some strength, I loved the shape, and it didn't have a ton of pages.
Here's the after:
The pink is a pocket and I glued a paperclip to hold whatever she collects. I used a self adhesive canvas strip from 3 Girl Jam, and some of her twine tied with some of the buttons from my stash.
This is a page to keep track of all the different license plates we see along the way (we'redriving through the US) Glued another paper clip. The font is Nifty Fifties cut a 1.5 The car is a sticker from Echo Park. The flowers are from my stash.
This page is to keep track of her favorite stops to eat. We will be stopping at 3 of 4 different Diners' Drive-In and Dives, so we must record that:)
I used 3 Girl Jam ribbon as a seam on all my pages in matching colors...so every page is different.This one is Aqua Splash. I also used a canvas strip along the outside seam of the book, but that picture will not turn out from some reason.
So there, you have it. Now I have 2 more to make:) Think I can do it by the end of July? Make sure you head on over to 3 Girl Jam....she's got some beautiful ribbon, some amazing twine and buttons, and coming soon, will be a new surprize addition to her ribbon/twine family :)
Angie!!!This is a super cute n brilliant idea for the kids trip!!! Great job---be blessed
ReplyDelete~Beyond Measure
Tammy
www.urbeyondmeasure.com
Angie- this is such a great idea and you did a fabulous job with it! I have no doubt that you'll be able to make 2 more by the end of July!
ReplyDeleteThis turned out so great! I LOVE it.
ReplyDeleteWhat an adorable idea! This is awesome!
ReplyDeletewow! what a great idea!!!
ReplyDeleterosiemini@gmail.com
www.scraplovingminis.blogspot.com
WOW now why did I think of this! LOL This idea is so stinking cute and amazing! Thanks for sharing cause I might have to do this my self! Fabulous idea!
ReplyDeleteThis is so creative and fabulous!! I would have LOVED this when I was young and we took road trips!! So incredibly awesome :)
ReplyDeleteLisa
A Mermaid's Crafts
Hi Angie! This is a really great project, I've never thought of altering a board book.....hmmm......you've got me thinking! Thanks for the inpiration and for stopping by my blog today for the "Well OWL Be" Blog Hop. I'm so glad you liked my project :D Have a fun & safe trip!!
ReplyDeleteOh Angie! I wish you could see me right now! I am having a fit! This is the cutest thing I have ever seen! What a fantastic idea! I wish my daughter would come on and give me some grandbabies so I could create some things like this! Just wonderful!
ReplyDeleteHugs,
Chriss
Such a wonderful idea....I love it. Thanks for sharing.
ReplyDeleteHugs,
Kathy
http://the3esblog.blogspot.com/
Cute idea!!!
ReplyDeleteAmanda
http://cricktncrafts.blogspot.com