Thursday, July 19, 2012
First Post for My Cricut Craft Room
This is my first post on My Cricut Craft Room, and boy am I excited!!! Today is Theme Day Thursday, and the theme we're following today is A Child's Year Cartridge.
This was a great theme for me...I've had this cart for awhile and never used it. Could never figure out what to do with it. But then I had and idea. One of the little girls I take care of everyday is going to be a big sister in October. I've gotten really close to the family, and when they found out they were having another girl, the mom emailed me first to tell me:) I even got to know the name before anyone else does. (They find out that tidbit once she's born) So I made her this:
I used the A Child's Year cart for both the font, cut at 2 inches, and the fairy cut at 4 inches. I have to say, this is now my new favorite cartridge for the font! I absolutely love it!! I used Martha Stewart glitter in Rose to sparkle up the first letter in each part of her name, and to make the fairy sparkle trail too.
Other supplies used:
Cardstock- Core'dation colorcore
Pattern paper- Scrap from my stash
Ribbon- scrap
Adhesieve- Atg gun, Liquid Glass
Flowers-Recollections
To see more projects of this fun theme check out My Cricut Craft Room to see what my DT sisters made.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Well, let me be the 1st to congrats you on your 1st post for MCCR!You did an amazing job on this layout!!Sweet,lovely and adorable!!!
ReplyDeleteMigdalia
craftingwithcreativem.blogspot.com
Your first layout was wonderful,such a beautiful layout:)
ReplyDeletecathyplus5.blogspot.com
This layout is so pretty! I know they're going to love it!
ReplyDeleteSusie
Adorable layout. Great first post. New DT member too! Good luck 2 u!!
ReplyDeletetasha
scrapbrat07.blogspot.com
What a fabulous gift for a new baby! I love that name...and aren't you just special to get to know that before everyone else...LOL! Really, though, you MUST BE SPECIAL to the family for that honor. I am sure Mom, Big Sis, and baby (probably dad, too) will all love it. Great job using that cart for the first time!
ReplyDelete:O)
Jessica S
What a beautiful project for your first DT post. I absolutely love the colors you used. I am also a new follower. TFS, Mary
ReplyDeletehttp://Mary-fortheloveofart.blogspot.com
You did a wonderful job for your very first post! Congratulations! That is lucky family to receive your beautiful gift!
ReplyDeleteTeresa
MCCR DT
awesome!! TFS
ReplyDeleteJanet Royer MCCR-DT
Wonderful job, Angie! This is sooo totally cute!!
ReplyDeleteHave a great day!
Heather Lynn
MCCR DT
Beautiful project Angie. I love that little fairy and how you added the glitter trail!!
ReplyDeleteKathy
My Cricut Craft Room Design Team
http://3spoileddogs.blogspot.com/
Great project. I love the contrast. Blessing, Linda
ReplyDeletewww.thefruitofmyhands.blogspot.com
Beautiful creation. Love your choices :)
ReplyDeleteaged care funding instrument acfi
Hey...orange you glad you hopped the Pink by Design hop! You're going to go bananas b/c you're my winner!
ReplyDeleteAngie! This is just beautiful! I love the colors you used so pretty!
ReplyDeleteHugs,
Chriss