But first, I'm a little confused on some things, lol, ok maybe more then a few, but lets start with just 1. I get the digi stamp...print it out and color, pretty simple. But what I dont understand is the digital dies. Do I print out the shapes on card stock and then cut it? Or do I attach my cricut to the computer and cut it that way? Sometimes being new to the blog world can be kinda intimidating. All the lingo, I'm learning!! I swear I am :)
On to my layout.....This year has probably been one of the best for us here weather wise. We had a very cold very wet spring, but we had one of the hottest summers, and right now, our fall has been pretty darn fantastic. For you Canadians out there 28 C in october can't be beat. For you Americians, I believe thats mid 70's, maybe closer to 80. (not to sure on the conversions, bad I know), so spending time outside has not been hard. Seeing all the beautiful colors of the leaves, while still wearing shorts and tshirts...not hard to love fall. So, while the pictures in this layout was from a rare warm Spring day this year, the colors remind me of fall. The pictures aren't stunning in the "art" sense, but I LOVE them. It was a warm day, and we were just having a quick meal of hot dogs and noodles, but we took our plates outside and had a great little picnic. Our patio furniture weren't even out of the shed yet. But it was all so sweet and perfect.
Recipe: Cardstock (all) CTMH-top picture cocoa,base-desert sand, journaling block-chocolate, Squarel-Chocolate,
cocoa,blush, bamboo. Patterned paper-scrap piece, will have to find what it is, eyelets, making memories, glitter
brads- doodle bugs, glitter- glitter ritz, bird sticker-peel-offs. Die cut squarel-Cindy loo cuts at 3inchs. Adhesive-Tombow
Corner rounder-CTMH
So there you have it folks...and I am entering this in a challange. To check out the challange cateredcrop
I used :
1. Colors- Fall colors- gold yellow green
2. Embellisments- Glitter
3. Tools- Rounded corners ( journaling block)
Go check out cateredcrop, try mixing up a reciepe or 2. And let me know that you did:) I'd love to see it.
Lovely lay-out! I like that squirrel and that paper. Yup, it's been nice for us too! Except tonight- it's rainy and cold. I think it might be in the low 60s right now. Still not bad but considering it was in the 80s last week! Sorry, I don't know what digi dyes are.
ReplyDeleteHi Angie!!
ReplyDeleteGreat pictures and I love your story that goes with the pictures. I love that squirrel from Cindy Loo. I beleive too use the digi dyes with your Cricut, you would have to buy additional software like Sure Cuts Alot or Make the Cut. Not sure if these are even still availabe for Cricut as earlier this year Provo Craft sued them for copyright violations. anyway, there are many crafers out there that use this software so maybe they can tell us if this is still available!! I don't own either of these programs so I do not use digi dyes. Hope this helps :)
Kathy
http://3spoileddogs.blogspot.com/
Hi Angie- What a cute layout, the little critter is adorbale! I don't have the Cindy Lou one yet but it is on my list! I wish I could help you out with your question but I'm in the same boat as you! Maybe we can learn together huh? :)
ReplyDeleteHave a good weekend!
Susan
cricutandgrasshooper.blogspot.com
Angie - what a cute layout. Yeah, I haven't figured out the digital die cuts either. Oh well. So glad you shared your project with us at Catered Crop.
ReplyDelete