So, I am the QUEEN of procrastination. If I can put it off until tomorrow, I will, and do. Last month a made a note in my date book to send a card off for my nephew's birthday on the 21st. 2 weeks before, I thought, "ok Angie, don't forget to make a card" "ok I will tomorrow" well 14 tomorrows came and went, and I still hadn't made a card :( So Yesturday, I sat down to finally make a card. Well, as we all know, I'm not a card maker. I had the thought of making a hockey dude, but soon realized that I only have the Paper Doll dress up cart, not the Everyday Dress up. So there went that idea. Now what.
I didn't want to make the card to babyish, he turned 9. But I didnt want it too "manly" either, cuz he is still a kid. So after 5 attempts I finally have one made.
Here's one of the 5 attempts:
I loved the colors on the paper. Its from CTMH and I thought they were perfect boy colors...so I went off of that. Then I added the chipboard shapes, but since they don't ink well, I thought, I'll cover them with paper....well have you ever tried to cover a swirl with paper then cut off the excess. Man, its tough. So then I looked at it, and it looked just messy. But I continued. I stamped the rocketship and colored it in. I don't have any sentiments stamps, so I just wrote "Hope you had a blast" After finishing it, I hated it!!! So I give up. Tomorrow is another day... So ta da!! Here is what I'm sending. I had cut out a giraffe and had this whole "hope you partied like an animal" thought going, but after I cut out the giraffe, I just didn't like him. The owl was something I stamped for one of yesturdays tries, and I thought he was pretty cute. I used the CTMH heart cartridge to cut the card at 5.5 inches and the same cart to cut the flower shape, 1 at 3 in 1 at 2 in. I added a pearl sticky thing from CTMH as well. The ribbon is just extra stuff I had. I did stamp one the inside "Follow your dreams..." and "Believe in WHOOO you are." plus a little hand written note;)
I was sooo frustrated making this card, and its not anything near fantastic, but I'm proud of it. I think it looks pretty good.
And just a little plug for another blog...justyolie is having a link up for pink starting Oct 1st. Head over there for some added inspiration and for a good cause:)
Oh Angie, you are so hard on yourself!! I love your two cards!! Great r
ReplyDeleteDesigns on both!
Angie
ReplyDeleteI love them both! Sometimes we are our own worst critics.
You should be proud of them:)
Hi Angie!
ReplyDeleteFirst off I have to say you picked really cool paper...I love all CTMH paper! I think you did a great job on both cards. I have a very tough time making cards for boys/men and I never like the way mine turn out! If you get a chance check out the post on my blog and the card I made for my husband on Father's Day and maybe you will realize the cards you made are actually very good! Fair warning though...don't take a drink before reading it.... ;)
http://cricutandgrasshopper.blogspot.com/2011/06/really-worst-fathers-day-card-ever.html
Susan
cricutandgrasshopper.blogspot.com