Wow, September 1st!!! Where did the summer go. Why does it always seem to go faster and faster the older I get. My kids start school next friday, and I think I'm one of the few moms I know that isn't look forward to it. I love the crazyness and relaxed feel of summer holidays. Sleeping in late, having breakfast at noon. My oldest DD is very excited to start grade 3, and acually cried at the end of last school year. She's my little social butterfly. My DS's are both dreading the new school year. More the 12 yr old then the 18 yr old. He's more like me on the shy and reserved side, and is a little scared. But I know once the year starts, he'll be fine.
Now the exciting part....My gypsy arrived yesturday!!!! Oh the joy, when i went to the mail box and saw it there. I had to figure it out right away, and I have to say, it wasn't easy. After 5 hours, I finally got it charged, and the new updates downloaded. I added the cartridges, and linked it up to my cricut. Phew what a process! Then, once that what was all done, I got to explore all the options!!! I love that I can make a layered diecut with just one mat insert. Before, I had to take out the mat, and cut every layer separately. It was such a hassle. Then I learned how to weld images together. That was cool to, so now my titles all look connected. I still have lots to learn to get the most out of this gagdet, but so far its been great!! (but thank goodness for youtube, when I get stuck, its my goto for instructions)
So the 2 LO's I'm posting both have some sort of gypsy/cricut cut on it. I'm a minimslist when it comes to scraping, but I am working to add more, and possibly add some layer dimensions.....one day :) These are pages I'm doing for my dad's birthday book. The frame and words from the Wedded Bliss were cut using the Wall Decor and More cart. I just love this cart. I love the romantic feel everything has on it. All the paper and stamps/ink on both LO's are CTMH products. And the flowers are from Michaels. I have an small obsession with flowers and bling, so most of my LO's have one or the other, or heehee, both.
Well, thats it for now. I have another LO that I'm working on, and hopefully will have that finished today. I'm really excited about this one :)
Happy Scraping
ps. a fellow blogger posted about leaving comments on other blogs to send your love :) I took the changle and left comments on all the blogs I read today. Here's the blog http://justnicks.blogspot.com/search?updated-min=2011-01-01T00%3A00%3A00-06%3A00&updated-max=2012-01-01T00%3A00%3A00-06%3A00&max-results=50. Are you up to the challange?
Hi Angie, thank you for stopping by and Congratulations on your Gypsy!!!! BEst gadget in crafting besides my Big Shot LOL!! Lovely layouts and pictures! TFS
ReplyDeleteHugs