Sunday, September 11, 2011

A day of new Beginnings...

 Phew, I'm exhausted!! But lets start at the beginning...10 yrs ago today, our entire world changed. Even as a Canadian, the events that unfold effected me completely. I stayed glued to the TV for days, weeks. Shocked and confused and sad about what I was seeing. How could this be happening? Why was this happening? I'll will never forget that day. Ever! It is still so vivid in my mind....so 3 weeks ago when my stepbrother called me, and said "Don't plan on anything on Sept 11, cuz me and Kathleen are getting married" I thought to myself "really? Thats the day you want to get married" Even today as I was getting ready, I thought "who would want to get married on such a sad day" Then i realized, life goes on. And what better way to prove to the world, that we can go on. We will go on. We will not let the sadness take over our lives. We will live for the people who lost their lives. We will celebrate the life that soilders are now fighting to keep safe! The neighbours to the North support you :)
 BUT, now after spending the day at a wedding, outdoors, in the heat and sun, I'm exhausted!! Not to mention the shoes that, well, were very high. My feet are killing me :) Fashion before function right? So here is the DH and me just after the I do's.

 I was going to post my 30 challange pics, but I'm tired and going to bed, so it will just have to wait til tomorrow :)

Happy scrapping

2 comments:

  1. A saying has been going around here in California yesterday - "I will never forget, I will always remember." but I think it's also important to live our regular lives and go back to some sort of normalcy to show those horrids that we will persevere and that we are still strong. So it's great that your bro got married on that day. Something else that's good came out of that day. Btw, you look gorgeous and I adore that dress!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats to your stepbrother Angie! You and your DH look great!

    ...aside from 9-11, there are FAR too many horrible dates the world will never forget...any day is a great day for a wedding!!

    Can't wait to see your photo challenge pics!!!

    Kim
    :)

    ReplyDelete