Friday, October 21, 2011

Projects, projects, and More Projects

 I have tons of projects on the go right now....tons! But I caught a cold earlier this week, and its putting a hamper on my crafting time. I don't feel horrible, but its just made me REALLY tired. By 5:00 I'm ready for bed, lol. But I need manage to finish 2 of them. Both of them are my first tries, so I know that the more that I make, the better they will become.

  Both of the are gift card holders. I give alot of gift cards over the holidays. My step dad and Father in law both have EVERYTHING, so gift cards are usually the best gifts for them.


 I used CTMH paper and covered a toilet paper roll. I used a CTMH chipboard tag and covered it the same paper using the Art Philosophy cart to cut the same shape with the little holly cut out. I used a glossy accent adhesive to make it shine a bit. I stamped the sentiment on the front on white cardstock and cut it out. Added some ribbon, and voila!! Once I buy the cart, I'll use a glue dot to add the card to the chipboard tag and it done :) I really love this one. I know the more that I make, the more embellished and fun they'll become, but I do like the simplicity of this one.





This one is an according style. (excuse the pictures, I should have went upstairs to take them) I cut a piece of card stock 9x5 I believe and scored it at 3inches. I used scraps to make the pouches, but I do know that the pink with the snowflakes is CTMH as well. So the gift card could go in either pouch and the other you could add a little note, or a picture, a candy cane...anything:) I punched two eyelets in and used ribbon to tie it closed. Although next one, I think I'll use twine. I heat embossed a tree ornament on the front and used pink embossing powder (both are CTMH), but it didn't turn out when I first stamped, so I tried to line it up and stamp again. Didn't work, but I don't mind this one either. I love that its not the traditional Christmas colors, even though I love using red and green.

 So there are atleast 2 of my projects. I have 2 more I'm working on, as well as a Halloween/Birthday card that needs to be done by tomorrow, so I have to finish that today. Happy scarping people.

5 comments:

  1. First off Angie- I hope you feel better. I hope your cold passes fast.

    I love CTMH and your beautiful gift card holders are a good reason why! These are both so equally pretty! I've never made one like the first picture, I'm going to give that a try. I actually have some empty tp rolls too! lol!

    TFS... and for the inspiration!
    Susan
    cricutandgrasshopper.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute projects! I really like the toilet paper roll one- so very creative!! Your embellishments look great! And I loove non-traditional Christmas colors too!! :). That second one's color combo is darling!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great projects. New follower ;) Thanks for stopping by my blog.

    Be Blessed, Beckie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Super nice projects! Hope you feel better!
    Sherrie K
    http://sherriescraps.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete