This was a busy weekend, but it wasn't. Does that make any sense? lol On friday I had planned to go to a crop with my MIL. Kim puts on these wonderful hall crops. I love going to them, but since moving, I'm now on the other side of the city. Well this friday, one of my daycare kids was picked up late....instead of getting picked up at 5:15-5:30 she was picked up at 5:45. The crops start at 6. I like to get there as close to 6 as possible to get the most out of my time. But the worst part of this, was that we had a small snow storm friday night. so my Half an hour drive ended up taking me over an hour :( By time I got my MIL and we picked up coffee, it was after 7. I didnt get anything done. lol I packed light, which mean't all the stuff I needed to complete y LO, I left at home....But I won a door prize ( althought, I think to all of K'm's crops, I only haven't won twice) and I bought some raffle tickets to win a Demember Daily...and I won that too:) I'll post pics of that soon. Its a beautiful book that one of the crop goers made. All the money went to chariety which was why I bought the tickets to begin with.
Then on Sunday me and the kids made our Christmas stockings!!! Its been about 18 years since I've done any sewing. Even my kids made theirs except the 4 yr old...and the 12 yr old bailed about half way threw....but here they are:
If you know my kids...you'll know who's is who's lol. I wanted traditional Christmas stockings, but they had other plans:) I don't have a fire place, so this is where they hang until I fill them, then they rest on the couch for the kids to find.
So, today I plan on getting some crafting done. I'm still waiting on pictures from shutterfly to come...I have to say, with how long it takes, I really dont think I'll order from them again. Happy Thanksgiving to my American friends, and to my fellow Canadians, we can enjoy your holiday tv and maybe some travelling for black Friday sales.
The stockings turned out great Angie! What a great idea for the kids! Thanks for the T-day wishes, I hope you have a great weekend!
ReplyDeleteSusan
cricutandgrasshopper.blogspot.com
Hi Angie, thanks for your sweet comments at my blog and becoming a new follower. Now, be sure to stop over at Julie's blog (3GirlJAM) to leave a comment and get entered to win some ribbon from the GDT post I did yesterday!!!
ReplyDelete:o)
Jessica
...Awwww...your family's stockings look great! What a fun keepsake, and memory, they will all have! And thank you for the kuddo's about my hall crops! I am happy for you that you won Thelma's beautiful December Daily album! Have fun with it!!
ReplyDeletesuch cute stockings!!! hope you visit my blog,
ReplyDeleteannabeedesigns.blogspot.com
Wonderful stockIngs and idea!! They turned up so cute!!
ReplyDeleteSorry you didn't get as much accomplished as you wanted at the crop :( The stocking, however, look great - bravo to you and the kids.
ReplyDelete