Wow, I still can't get over the fact that I made the 3 Girl Jam design team. Its my first team I've been on, so I hope I can live up to the product....but I am so excited and raring to go. The last couple of weeks have kept me busy, busy, busy. I had the Crop and Create 2 weeks ago, which lead into Spring Break. The start of Spring Break was a rough one with my family getting the flu, but not all at once...one at a time. So including my hubby, that was 4 sick people. Not to be gross, but thats a lot of vomit. Then on Saturday I had an all day crop with my MIL and CIL (cousin in law). Sunday, my daughter had a birthday party, which an hour before, I still hadn't gotten a gift. My Hubby was at work, and at some point I still needed to pick up my 12 yr old from his friends house on the other side of the city. My daughter's birthday is wednesday and I still have yet to buy her her gifts. Whew, I'm exhuasted just thinking about it.
On the plus side though....because of the Crop and Create I was just wiped out. So for the crop on saturday I decided to just focus on getting stuff ready for my daughters Class birthday party which is on the 14th. Easter is next weekend, and her friend in her class has the same birthday, so her party was the sunday party, so I pushed Payton's til the 14th. I was able to make the invitations, a banner and the bookmarks for the goodie bags. Because I'm making as much as I can, and because between her birthday and Easter and all that comes up in May I made these items very simple, but pretty.
Every year we have a theme for their parties...this year I thought the simplest theme would be a color theme. Well that was before my daughter picked this color combo. I was hoping for pink and black. I love this color combo, but boy is it hard to find things that match.
The card shape is a simple shape cut from the CTMH Art Philosophy cart.
Cardstock-Bazzill
Stamp and ink- CTMH
Glitter- Glitter Ritz
bling
A very simple idea and layout, but I think they turned out great. Just an fyi though, something I soooo did not even think about....teal does not show up on dark purple cardstock ( duh, I know). Well there you have it folks. Stay tuned for the rest of the party planning, and of course some 3 Girl Jam projects. And once I have it all figured out I will have the whole design team posted on my side bar :) Happy Scrapping.
Congratulations love the cards! Karen
ReplyDeleteSweet cards, nice color combo!
ReplyDeleteCarri~abusybee
www.doubleclickconnections.blogspot.com
Very pretty cards. Simple and elegant are the way to go when you have a lot to make. :-)
ReplyDeletePrecious Hugs
Congrats on the DT, yay!!! Your cards are so sweet. I hear ya on the colour combo, been there, done that :( Thanks so much for stopping by my corner of the web, I sure do appreciate it Angie! It would be great to meet you sometime. Have you been the The Scrapbook Cottage yet (on Meadowood, in St.Vital)? That's where I work, it's the best LSS in the city. You should come by sometime.
ReplyDelete