This weekend, while the weather was wonderful, was pretty blah!! Saturday the girls had a birthday party and Daylon had a friend over til 5. Once the girls got home from the party, DH went to football. By time he got home it was 7:30. So we ordered pizza for supper. By 8:30 we finished eating, and just put on a movie. We were in bed by midnight, maybe even 11. How sad. But Sunday turned around when a friend came over and we scraped for 7 hours!!! I got 4 LO's done (more on those in a bit)
I've had a few questions swirling around in my brain lately. 1st one...Why is it soooo hard to find a blog that posts mostly layouts? I follow tons that share cards, which, dont get me wrong, are awesome, but only like 4 share LO's. Ah well, I love em all. 2nd question Holy smokes, am I in over my head or what? I follow so many blogs, and I want to join challanges, but which ones? There's so many. And is my stuff good enough? And design teams, oy, I won't even go there lol.
So this weekend, in between my boredness and my scraping, I did a Disney Blog Hop. http://craftychicsblog.blogspot.com/ was the host of this wonderful blog hop. Since I am sooooo far behind on all 3 of my Disney albums, I thought this hop was perfect to get my Disney mojo flowing. At the end of the post they mentioned having a Disney Link up party!! Click HERE to check it out, and add a Disney page or 2. I'm going to :)
Now I know the last one doesn't look Disney, but it is of Payton at Animal Kingdom waiting to enter the Bug's life ride. Well folks, that was my weekend, and now I'm off to feed the munchkins some lunch and then to clean my Scrap room. Its a scraping nightmare :)
Happy Scraping
I know what you are saying...I think I go in cycles on my blog. I will get on a layout kick and create and post nothing but them for awhile and then I get on a card kick and do the same. I don't tend to mix them up much.
ReplyDeleteThanks for sharing your layouts with us for our link-up party! If you decide to make a card please stop by my blog to link up for your chance to win a $25 Disney gift card!
Melissa
www.disneydreamerdesigns.blogspot.com
I, too, find motivation looking at blog hops! I am mostly a scrapbooker and every now and then I make a card or project. You are welcome to visit my blog if it will help inspire you :)
ReplyDeleteGlad to see your layouts here at the linky party! I was in the hop on Day 1 ~ this is a great hop!!!!
www.scrappinmystressaway.blogpot.com
These are GREAT layouts!! I love scrapbooking AND creating LOTS of layouts (which I do post on my blog)... But it's hard to only post layouts when challenges ask for cards or DTs require other projects... I'd LOVE for you to visit me and use the search box for layouts -- I've posted many... If you're looking for MORE layouts, I'm on the Lasting Memories DT which is ALL about layouts (no cards, no other projects), and we'd LOVE for you to come over and join us!! Here's the link: Lasting Memories Layout Challenges
ReplyDeleteNow back to YOUR layouts -- They are AWESOME and I can't wait to see more from ya!! :)
Thanks so much for joining the Disney/Pixar challenge!! :)
Amy :) at www.lovetocrop.com
What great LO's and I'm so glad you're adding then to the Disney/Pixar link up party.
ReplyDeleteThanks for stopping by and leaving your sweet comment. Good luck getting those 3 trips scrapped. If you do make a Tinkerbell apron please be sure & let me know. I would LOVE to see it.
I know of a few blogs that concentrate on mostly LO's. They may be ones you already follow but send me an email me if you'd like me to give you their names.
Here are some sites I go to.
ReplyDeletePage maps http://www.pagemaps.com/
http://shariscrapbook.blogspot.com/
http://allisonrdavis.blogspot.com/
http://jillelizabethsarginson.blogspot.com/
http://jillelizabethsarginson.blogspot.com/
Hope these help. They usually post layouts.
Hey Angie!!
ReplyDeleteYour layouts look great...don't under-credit yourself and your own talent you have happening over there!
I will put together a fun little email and sendit to you with several blogs/websties I find my inspiration from...the most colorful and exciting read for me that I cannot live without is the Studio Calico website - the gallery and the blog are two must have peeks to get my creative juices going! I am also a member in their gallery, so you may find some of my 'art' under kgriffin....
Have fun!
:)
Oh, Angie! So many of us feel the way you do about our work. But you mustn't fret- your lay-outs are cute and my favorite one is the first. It's got a great design. You must be stuck amongst the card making blogworld because believe me, there are tons of blogs out there for scrappers. I, myself, started out as a scrapper 10+ years ago but now I mostly stamp. Here's a list of people you must google. Sorry I don't have their blog links right now-
ReplyDelete1. Any designer on Studio Calico dot com - Kelly Purkey
2. Go to big name companies and look at their design team - Amy Tangerine, Elizabeth (Kartchner-- not sure about the spelling but she's Dear Lizzy).
3. Ali Edwards
Everybody has different styles so just look at the design teams of paper companies and follow the blogs of those designers that you like. Scrappers tend to not post everyday though unlike cardmakers.
Hope this helps!
I totally agree with you! I consider myself a scrapbooker first, card maker second, but even I have been posting more cards recently! I think that is is mostly because I NEED the card for an event, and working on my scrapbook can often get push aside.
ReplyDeleteMaybe I should start doing one layout a week on my blog.
Thanks for joining the Disney Pixar Link Up Party!
Shawn ~
Crafty Chics Blog
and
MyCutSearch.com ~ Find your Cricut images FAST!
Webmasters Earn Money Here!
I have shifted to cards from scrapbooking as they are just so much quicker, but I still love the true scrapbook making pages...here are a couple of sites I like to get inspiration from:
ReplyDeletehttp://creativescrappers.blogspot.com/
http://gotsketch.blogspot.com/
http://www.sketchsupport.com/
http://sketchesinthyme.blogspot.com/
not sure if this helps get your "sketchy" on, but I like them...
Deena