Thursday, September 8, 2011

Just a Blab Post

 Today is just going to be me blabbing...lol. I have so many ideas. I'm not a big Halloween person. Sure the kids dress up, and we go trick or treating...but as for decorations and such, not to much. So today, at my DD's meet the Teacher, I signed up to bring the treats for the Christmas party...and thats where it started. I have Christmas on the brain. Previous years, 2 weeks before Christmas, I panic, I have no wrapping paper, no teacher gift, no baking done. Its just mass confusion and scrambling. Not a pretty site. Well this year, I'm going to be ahead of the game!!! Here's my plan (this way, you guys can keep me focused and on point :))

 So this year I'm going to make some cards. I don't make cards...at all. Everyone I know just tosses them right away anyway so whats the point right? Well this year I'm going to make some. I'm just not going to give them to the  "Tosser outers" So far I have 1 teacher, and 2 neighbours. If the list expands, well then great!!
 Also on my list of "to do's" I'm going to frame a LO of each of my daycare kids to give to their parents...hmmm, i guess they should get cards too huh? Ok so add 5 more cards to above list.

 I only have 1 kid in elementry school this year, so I only have 1 teachers gift to make...but I'm keeping that one a surprise til a bit closer to Xmas ;)

 I have 2 idea's for the class treats, since that's where all this started...rice crispy treat trees, which is both easy and fun for kids...or reindeer cupcakes...which is fun, but not as easy to transport. I'll let you know what I go with.

 The daycare kids and I are going to make popcorn wreaths..if I don't eat all the popcorn.

Whew, I think I'm going to be busy...but to stay ahead of the game, I'm going to start the cards tonight!! Wish me luck folks.

4 comments:

  1. Wow!!! Cant wait to see! I'm sure you can do them!! Such great and thoughtful ideas! But I gotta warn you! Making cards are addicting! And you'd be surprised how many of the Tosser Outers actually keep homemade cards ;).

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Rinne, making cards can become addicting! I was a scrapbooker first and I said I would never make cards because they get tossed and look at me now! There will always be the tosser outers but there are the ones that truly appreciate a homemade card.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good luck with your Christmas productions...don't forget to post pictures for us!!!

    I just thought the other day too that soon I will have to start thinking about Christmas lists...but you won't find MAKING CARDS on my list!! hahaha....good for you Angie!!

    Kim
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good Luck with your projects Angie!! Be sure to post pictures!!
    Kathy
    http://3spoileddogs.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete